Monday, December 12, 2005

 
The hardest part of any creative challenge is just getting started. I know that when I need to get something done, I think about it for a while and then at some point I get to it by doing SOMETHING - it could be something as simple as creating a mind map of the challenge or opportunity or it could be that I grab a 3x5 index card and start to write my thoughts out.

As soon as I get my thoughts written down, the challenge begans to take shape and as I add more details - more information flows out of me and before you know it, I have enough information to get me started in the right direction.

How do you get started? Do you stare at a blank screen or blank piece of paper waiting for inspiration to come up and introduce herself to you - "Hi, I am your Inspiration, feel free to use me anyway you like..." - Not a chance, you must do something before the inspiration will show up to assist you in your endeavors.

What gets you going? Take a walk, listen to music stretch, write out the first thought that comes to your mind - using one of these techniques should get you started - try it!!

Later...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?